What We Do
Benz Resource Group is a leader in project management services in the build environment. Founded in 2003 by Susan Benz, AIA, BRG serves the owner as an advocate who can guide and advise, establish goals and manage expectations, track progress, guard budgets and orchestrate final completion and move in. Perhaps most importantly, our work focuses on supporting good design solutions that result in economic and social value for our clients. Good design matters.
Benz Resource Group
Knows the Importance of Good Design: As architects, sustainability experts and construction professionals, we understand the value added by high quality design solutions for the built environment. Whether it's a museum, theater, library or public park, how it looks, feels and functions makes a large difference in the success of any project.
Creates Value: BRG works to ensure a functional design, an efficient delivery team and a balanced budget. We work with you and the delivery team to identify and meet your functional needs and to proceed efficiently toward a common goal while reconciling the design to your budget.
Saves You Time: Creating a new facility takes a great deal of time and energy. As your representative, BRG is responsible to manage the delivery team, track schedules and budgets and present information to you for quick, intelligent decisions so that you can focus on what you do best.
Increases Accountability: BRG tracks the issues, deadlines, budgets and promises. We bring transparency to the process so that everyone on the team knows what is due, by when and by whom. Transparency brings accountability resulting in productivity leading to success.
Ensures Communication: Clear communication is essential for success. BRG maintains multiple communication tools to share and track information, ensuring that the delivery team is fully informed and that the owner has access to project information at all times.
Offers Solutions: BRG works with the owners and real estate brokers early in the process to develop optimum strategies. We support our clients in identifying delivery teams, providing due diligence in the selection process and preparing and negotiating contracts. BRG will identify and solicit proposals from specialty consultants to support our clients needs and make sure the delivery team's efforts are coordinated.
Benz Resource Group Is Ready To Go To Work For You.
- Develop a total project budget and schedule
- Obtain site information such as topographic surveys and geotechnical reports
- Coordinate the preparation of the owner's program requirements
- Coordinate the owner's selection of a design team and subsequent contract negotiations
- Advise on project delivery methods and implement chosen method
- Working with construction professionals, test estimated construction costs of proposed designs against the project budget
- Maintain records of all activities and decisions
- Ensure that all owner responsibilities are met
- Coordinate communication between all parties including the owner, the city, and the design and construction teams
- Review all invoices against contracts prior to authorization for payment
- Review all milestone submissions and advise the owner
- Evaluate all bid documents, contract conditions and track against budget
- Assist in obtaining all necessary permits
- Review construction schedule and coordinate with owner activities
- Coordinate procurement of long-lead items as needed
- Attend weekly construction meetings
- Make regular reports to the owner regarding progress and construction costs
- Assist in procurement of furniture and moving companies
- Review all pay requests prior to authorization for payment
- Maintain clear records and coordinate communication of all parties
- Review and maintain certificates of insurance for all parties
- Coordinate furniture installation and owner move
- Coordinate the transmittal of all warranties, manuals and reports
- Coordinate owner participation in project commissioning (training)
- Track final punch-list completion
- Final review at one-year warranty period
Online Project Management System
- We utilize an online project management system that facilitates easy communication between all parties and the collection and management of all drawings, specifications and project documents. This system makes the project transparent to all users with password authorization to have access to all drawings, reports, photographs and project documents. Information is exchanged quickly, easily and is available 24/7.