Doyle Hall, on the campus of St. Edward’s University, served as a women’s dormitory from the early 1950’s and was renovated to provide faculty offices, a psychology research center, administrative offices and a coffee shop. At the east end of the building is a new addition that creates a central courtyard dominated by a large oak tree. The addition provides three classrooms on the ground floor with faculty offices above. Facing west, the addition is screened by a horizontal louver system allowing natural light to flood the active hallway outside the classrooms and the Dean’s Suite on the second floor. This 25,000 square foot remodel and 8,184 square foot addition cost $7.9 million and was completed on schedule for the Fall 2009 semester.